Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Animal Cruelty Unawareness In The Gothic Subculture

A conversation with one really known youtuber was the last strike for me to make this post. I was so moved by what she said to me, that it made me look at the subculture and specifically the people in it in a different way.

Animal cruelty. Sure cool whatever. I won't post any pictures here because that's not the main issue in this post. Well it is, but what had moved me was something else. I am so frustrated I'll just write what my heart tells me.

I kills me to see goths who talk in youtube or blogs about products that are being tested on animals and praise them, saying that "you can't live without them" etc etc.
It kills me to see the unawareness of goths to this subject. Sure you don't have to be vegan to be goth, you don't have to buy ONLY second hand to be goth and you don't even have to wear makeup to be goth [breathtaking, I know]. But the least you can do is not support the simplest thing, to waive from the simplest thing.
Why is it so simple? Because it's way too hard to be vegan for real and enjoy it, knowing that you're not forcing yourself out of the cheese and milk and doing it with all your heart. It's true, not all people are up to that. It is super hard to find amazing clothes in second hand stores that will match each person's style. It is hard to completely detach yourself from the mass production that our world has become, to refuse to buy from brands or companies we're too used  buying from.
But buying makeup that hasn't been tested on animals is easy. Why? Because there are TONS of makeup brands, and there's so much to chose from! You can easily find the exact same product in a different animal friendly company, and it will be cheaper mostly.
It literary destroys my view on the subculture when I see goths wearing fur or real leather or not giving a damn about the animal cruelty subject when it comes to makeup.
Goths wear makeup all the time, in fact the consumerism of some of the goths is quite frightening, but I can't blame anyone for loving makeup or clothes, hell I'm no exception.
But please, you'll do such a huge favor to the world if you won't buy from companies such as L'oreal, Schwarzkopf or Maybelene. People buy from these companies just because of the commercials that make us want it right here and right now. I used to by cosmetics from none friendly companies, and after being aware and buying from different companies, I really didn't see the difference in the product! They are all the same, and even professional makeup brands such as MAC have a respectful alternative.

I hate this ignorance so much!! Especially when we're talking about influential people that post youtube videos or run blogs that are popular worldwide. Those people who lecture about specific products don't know how helpful they are, but they're also not aware that they can make a change.
Other goths or babybats who follow these people see them as role models, and in a way want to be like them. When these people will be aware of animal cruelty products and would SPEAK ABOUT IT, it will change the perspective to the subject in so many little gothy heads of others...

And not only that, but anyone who is alternative and uses tons of makeup can do such a huge favor to all those poor rabbits and cats and monkeys and what not! Jesus just to think that the super cool dark purple lipstick that you so love to apply to any dark photoshoot or video that you make has been created through the death of hundreds of little furry creatures makes me sick! How can you use this with a calm heart?

If there's an alternative to animal cruelty products, why on earth not using it?
I mean sure, unlike medicine which is unfortunately sometimes is used on animals [which is unnecessary at all, but that's not the subject in this post] you have no choice sometimes but to take it, but for something as makeup? Come on you won't die if you'll not buy MAC or support them ever again just because the black eyeshadow you're using is so perf.

It really frustrates me to see goths not giving a single fuck what they consume. In my opinion that's one of the things that make you alternative, if not confirming with the standards, with what everyone thinks is ok. And currently, millions of people, be that costumers or workers of beauty companies, are totally fine with the fact that in order to make a fabulous mascara or a luxurious perfume, thousands of guinea pigs should suffer before it gets touched by the assface of the humble human being.
It disgusts me so much. If you really think you're alternative, I hope this post made sense to you.

It is very sad when people and especially goths don't pay attention to this or ignore the importance of this subject. Specifically mentioning goths over the internet who have something to say.
Thank you for the attention. If someone is equally dissappointed from the subculture in this matter please let me know.
-
Disclaimer:
I wrote this post when I was really frustrated and didn't touch some matters when it comes to consuming animal unfriendly products:
- If you don't have any alternative in your area or can't afford animal friendly products that doesn't make you cruel or unaware. I've mentioned in my "From Black to Blonde" post that I couldn't find an animal friendly hair dye in any drug store so I used Schwarzkopf. 
- The post was centered around people who are particularly Goths and not "normal" or "mainstream" people because in my opinion it can be a great example when alternative people would support animal rights, as much as for alternative people it is important to break all the stereotypes that are being pointed at them by the "normal" people. There are obviously enough mainstream folk that doesn't give a damn, but if one hopes for a change in our society doubly it would come from them. Also relying on the fact that most alternative people see themselves "better" or "different" than the average folk.
N. Finsternis

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar