Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Three Brands, Three Favourites | TAG


A week or so ago I spotted this tag on Jessica's blog, Coffee and Cosmetics, I loved the idea of picking 3 products each from 3 brands that you love. It really made me realise that I actually don't own a lot from one brand, I've got lots of different products from lots of different brands. It has also made me want to try more products from the brands that I have picked though! I've picked 3 brands that I love and use on a regular basis and they are all brands that I want to try more products from. 

This tag was started by Paige, whose blog is Paige's Preferences.


My first brand is Benefit Cosmetics, I haven't tried much from them but what I have tried I love. My love for them started when I got a little sample of Posietint (buy here), from a magazine I think quite a while ago, I honestly have no idea how I haven't used it all up by now. It's a typical pink coloured product that can be used as a lip or cheek stain. I love using this to give my cheeks a rosy glow or on my lips for a subtle splash of colour. I can definitely see me purchasing the full size in the future!

My next pick from Benefit is their POREfessional PRO Balm Primer (buy here), this is probably my favourite product from Benefit. It is one of those products that you don't know you need it until you try it, I was luckily enough to win this in a giveaway and I fell in love with it not long after. It glides over your skin with ease, smoothing it out, creating the perfect base for foundation. It definitely minimises the appearance of pores and for this reason I often use it on it's own, without foundation on the top. This is one hyped up product that completely deserves the attention it gets.

Finally the last product that I've chosen is another primer, this time the Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer (buy here). Even though I have fallen head over heels for the POREfessional PRO Balm I still love this other primer that Benefit offer. This makes my base/face products stay on for so much longer, this is something I find the POREfessional primer doesn't do as well. This is so easy to apply as well, you just glide it over your skin, rub it in gently and you are good to apply your foundation. My CC Cream easily lasts a few extra hours when I use this, which is perfect for those longer days.


Another one of my favourite brands is Maybelline, a more budget option! After months of people raving about the Falsies Volume Express Mascara (buy here) I finally bought it last year and I've been loving it ever since. I never used to like having voluminous lashes, I always favoured length over it but since using this mascara things have turned around and now I love having bigger lashes. This mascara gives me the ability to get long and voluminous lashes, it also is a true black formula which I really like. The cherry on the top of the cake for me though is that it stays on all day without smudging or flaking. This is another hyped up product that is worth the pennies!

During the end of last year I started using eyeshadow less often and alienated a lot of my eyeshadows but one that I have stuck by is the 24hr Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe (buy here). I'm all about neutral browns when it comes to eyeshadow and this is the perfect shade for me. It is matte, pigmented and easy to blend, 3 qualities I love in a cream eyeshadow. The one thing that really makes this stand out from the rest is the fact that it stays on all day long, without showing much signs of wear. I really like using this on its own for a quick wash of colour or it makes the perfect base for any neutral eyeshadow look. If you haven't tried the Colour Tattoos yet I'd really recommend that you do!

Finally this is a product that has a love/hate relationship with bloggers, I'm on the love side, I think the Baby Lips (buy here) are fab products. I'm a big lover of lip balms, especially tinted ones, so maybe I am a bit biased but I do think these are worth trying. They don't give off loads of colour but they are only tinted lip balms, not lipsticks! I find that they are moisturising and pigmented enough for me. My favourite shade is Cherry Me which is the most pigmented, it gives my lips a cherry flush, perfect for Sixth Form or 'no makeup' makeup look days. At only £2.99 I think it is definitely worth trying at least one!


The last brand that I've chosen is Rimmel and I've picked 3 products that are all blogger favourites! The first one is the Stay Matte Face Powder (buy here) which I've been using for maybe a year now, if not longer. There isn't much to say about this product other than it is the best budget face powder that I've tried. It does what it says on the tin, it makes my skin look matte and keeps any shine at bay whilst making my makeup last longer. I don't really look for anything special in a face powder so something simple like this that gets the job done whilst costing me hardly anything is perfect.

Another product that bloggers, including myself, have been raving about are the Scandal Eyes Liners (buy here) especially in this shade, Nude. For quite a while I was using white eyeliner to brighten and widen my small tired eyes but it never quite looked right or in anyway natural. When this came along I couldn't have been happier and it doesn't disappoint. This brightens and widens my eyes whilst looking natural and it stays on nearly all day. It is a really creamy eyeliner as well so is easy to apply, especially on your waterline. This is one product that I couldn't imagine not having in my makeup collection!

My last favourite is the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08 (buy here). It took me a while to buy into this hype but I am definitely glad I did in the end. I'm not a massive fan of the shade range available but this muted dark pink shade stood out to me, it isn't the kind of shade I usually wear so I am surprised I like it so much. I mainly adore the formula which is creamy and moisturising, it does stay on for up to 5-6 hours though, on me anyway. Rimmel really do tend to get it right when it comes to lipstick formulas so I think I'll be trying more of them in the near future!

I tag everyone to do this, I'd love to see what some of your favourite brands/products are, specifically I tag Bex, Hannah, Lisa, Sarah, Helen and Clare to do this though!

Thanks for reading,
Shona x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar